Gw4gja Ken in Merthyr Tydfil. EX Man of Kent.

My New mini Radio shack, I just close the door on it when finished, disguised as a Cupboard blending in with Bedroom.  Main Old valve gear still in attic. Proud  owner of a FT200 TXRX hybrid. couple of faults exist, but will sort shortly.  Its nice to own some Valve gear for nostalgic purposes.   


well since this,its now September 2016 and have moved qth again back to our previous place where I have a dedicated shack I built with some old gear still in place.So the Mini shack no longer exists, its in bits.  So i have now installed a large redundant computer office cabinet in shack to contain my operational gear.  Not yet completed and no antennas in place.A lot of work still to do amongst decorating and other repair jobs as this bungalow had been rented out and needs some maintenance.  I will get back on air, but lack the motivation due to other pressures.I was in the last stages of knocking up a portable cw station when Bang my interests in radio completely vanished when it was decided to move back.    PC and linux computers now working and discovered this blog, I had completely forgotten about it. but thats me. oh yes, the FT200 got working and had several ssb contacts on 40m, so works well. Reports were good, a little drift I gather.

My latest project .A regenerative receiver using EF50 valves. These valves were used in our first TV set as a child. This is in memory of my late father who inspired me.  Decided on a cabinet first and found a disused bathroom cabinet.  Replaced mirror with a front panel and carried out all mechanical work first before starting the wireing. Also resprayed case and front panel.  Next Job ,wireing. 













Comments

Unknown said…
Have now constructed the Mini Radio Shack GW4GJA. Moved what I needed from old QTH, whats left will go.
Unknown said…
Since last shack photo another mod taken place. Laptop rebuilt from two attached to door creating space .works out well with a wifi connected remote mouse and keyboard.
Unknown said…
T200 NOW WORKING. It was purchased off G0RVU phil back in Sittingbourne Kent.Was two main faults .A duff solder joint in the PA HT Diode chain and dirty valve pins to clean. One other intermittent problem on RX .this not found as only occurs momentry. Otherwise good reports.
Unknown said…
I am now back at the original QTH. Back to a full separate shack and workshop. Antennas been a problem in high gusts of wind this year. Now using a low level end fed temporary untill I can improvise another support.

Popular posts from this blog